Pork Chops with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
January 10, 2021 • 0 comments
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4
- (2 packages) Pork Chops, Center-Cut
- (1 teaspoon) paprika
- (1 teaspoon) garlic powder
- (to taste) Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- (2 tablespoons) butter
- (1 tablespoon) olive oil
- (sliced) 16oz brown mushrooms
- (chopped) 4 garlic cloves
- (1 teaspoon) Italian seasoning
- (1 cup) coconut milk (or your choice)
- (½ cup) chicken broth
- (2 tablespoons) fresh parsley (optional)
1- Combine paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Pat the pork chops dry and season generously with the spice mix. Heat butter and oil in a skillet over medium-high until butter is melted.
2- Sear the pork chops for 3-5 minutes per side until well browned. Transfer the pork chops to a plate and set aside.
3- In the same skillet, add the mushrooms and stir fry until golden brown. Add garlic and Italian seasoning and stir for 30 seconds before pouring in the milk and broth. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened and adjust seasoning if needed.
4- Return pork chops and juices back into the pan with sauce and simmer for 3-5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Garnish with parsley, if using. Season again, if needed, and serve with cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.