- (1 Rope) Chicken Chorizo Sausage
- (1) Spaghetti Squash
- (1 tablespoon) ghee or coconut oil
- (1 medium, chopped) sweet yellow pepper
- (1 medium, halved and sliced) sweet onion
- (1 cup sliced) fresh mushrooms
- (1 can (14-1/2 ounces)) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- (1 tablespoon) taco seasoning (I have my own blend that I make- it's healthier, just google a recipe for that)
- (1/4 teaspoon) pepper
- (only if you like them) chopped green onions
- Cook that sausage fully, then slice.
- Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash in the oven, cut side down (350 for half hour-45 minutes) OR keep it whole in a Dutch-oven with a little bit of water, then cut after it's cooked (my favorite method!)
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; saute sausage, yellow pepper, onion, and mushrooms until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Separate strands of squash with a fork; add to skillet. Stir in tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until flavors are blended, about 5 minutes. If desired, top with green onions.